Important QP question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important QP question

Hey, i just got a Qp for bridge in a strat via trade. It seems to me that it is much thinner than i expected. It lacks a lot of bass compared to my old hotrails, and compared to the a2p in the neck. It also doesnt have the Seymour name on it. On the back it had a sticker with R4 on it i believe. Im just worried i got shafted here. Can anyone help me out see if i got screwed. The pole peices to look real as they are a quarter inch wide. Thanks for any help,
    Brian
    Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Re: Important QP question

its probably a qp if it has the right pole pieces. its still a single coil so its not gonna have the girth that a hot rails does. does it look like the pic?

Comment

yep it looks like the pic, im just checking its not a duncan designed or something for resale purposes, but to my knowledge they dont even amke a DD QP. I really do like the pickup, just took me back cause it wzsnt quite what i expected... Still much better than my HR IMO.
      Thanks,
      Brian
      Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

does it have the huge pole pieces? It could be a tapped QP and you just wired it up wrong. I did that w/ my SSL-5 once.
        This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

nope its wired up right, it may be tapped, but i really dont care. after i got a chance to get of the practice amp and heat up some tubes in my peavey, i realized i really do like it. The peavey added a bit of bass making it much more pleasent soundig than through my practice amp. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Man, gotta love them Peaveys. I catch alot of **** for not playing mesas or marshalls, but man, my Peavey can woop yours anyday. LOL
            This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

hell yes. really love my peavey. Amazing cleans, and as soon as i finish up replacing the speakers, the distortion will be as good as anyone. Doa couple easy mods, and the overdrive is amazing as with the cleans. I wouldnt get rid of it unless id be upgrading to a rivera knuclehead, which is in my post college future. I love that amp.

Comment

Working...
              X