Controls on a Les Paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controls on a Les Paul?

Which knobs are supposed to operate which pup? the top operate the bridge?? I rewired mine but have all the pickups controlled by the bottom volume and tone controls and need to correct it. Its been apart so long i dont remember. Thanks!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Controls on a Les Paul?

Well, at least mine, is top two controls for rhythm (neck) pickup, and bottom two for treble (bridge) pickup.
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

With the guitar resting in a guitar stand, the right side are the bridge pickup controls and the left side are the neck pickup controls. The volumes are on the top.

You can put the controls in any location you like though and I have considered reversing the bridge and neck controls to get the bridge volume closer to the strings but after playing LPs for so long that would probably just get confusing.

Old habits die hard.
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Thanks Gents! I understand I could do it how I want, but figure I should do it as normal Gibsons come.. That way when I get in the habit and then pick up a different LP, it'll feel like home..
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
        X