• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    drew_half_empty
    Looking for Real Life

• drew_half_empty
    replied
    Re: telecaster HH blackout and marshall mg100

my friend's les paul studio feels a little fat. If you look at the tele I'm talking about, it has one really clean humbucker & one that sounds really good dirty, like a regular tele but cleaner cleans & dirtier dirties

Leave a comment:

• bloodswords
    Toneologist

• bloodswords
    replied

the Les Paul has a 24.75" scale length & has 22 frets. the fender you mentioned here is 25.5", also 22 frets. if you fancy the Takamine feel, audition a Gibson at your dealer's to get a feel of how close it is to your liking. in any case, the Gibson sports a finished neck & needs a little getting used to but it shouldn't be a major put off.

there are many dual humbucking guitars out there, the tele you mentioned here is just an option. IMO Fender excels in single coil tones but i do come across impressive Fender humbucking tones time & again (well i have a humbucking equipped tele...). i'd suggest you keep your options open.

Leave a comment:

• drew_half_empty
    Looking for Real Life

• drew_half_empty
    replied

yeah dude, i'd actually get an avt150 if i had the money, but yeah, i play shows all the time. Someone brought up to me though that the neck styles were different on this telecaster. I really like the neck on my takamine acoustic, its like a les paul studio but a little longer, 20 fretted, meets the neck at the 14th, does anyone know how much different the neck would be on the tele? no local shops have them

Leave a comment:

• xerxes
    X Marks the Toneologist

• xerxes
    replied

actually, that first tele you mentioned should be good for those styles....

by the way, are you playing any major gigs? because a 100 watt amp is going to be ofly loud for home use....

Leave a comment:

• drew_half_empty
    Looking for Real Life

• drew_half_empty
    replied

or should i just get a standard telecaster & put in different pickups altogether to get that kind of diversity

Leave a comment:

• drew_half_empty
    Looking for Real Life

• drew_half_empty
    started a topic telecaster HH blackout and marshall mg100

telecaster HH blackout and marshall mg100

ok, background info, i play bass, i have been for awhile in a buncha different bands, most of them punk bands, but i wanna get a guitar, messing around on an acoustic just isn't the same, and I'm thinking about getting the hh blackout (has 59 and pearly gate humbuckers) and the marshall MG100, and i wanted to know if they sound good together, i'll be playing everything from punk to indie rock to prog rock, so, yeah
Working...
X