telecaster HH blackout and marshall mg100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• telecaster HH blackout and marshall mg100

ok, background info, i play bass, i have been for awhile in a buncha different bands, most of them punk bands, but i wanna get a guitar, messing around on an acoustic just isn't the same, and I'm thinking about getting the hh blackout (has 59 and pearly gate humbuckers) and the marshall MG100, and i wanted to know if they sound good together, i'll be playing everything from punk to indie rock to prog rock, so, yeah
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Re: telecaster HH blackout and marshall mg100

or should i just get a standard telecaster & put in different pickups altogether to get that kind of diversity

Comment

actually, that first tele you mentioned should be good for those styles....

by the way, are you playing any major gigs? because a 100 watt amp is going to be ofly loud for home use....
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

yeah dude, i'd actually get an avt150 if i had the money, but yeah, i play shows all the time. Someone brought up to me though that the neck styles were different on this telecaster. I really like the neck on my takamine acoustic, its like a les paul studio but a little longer, 20 fretted, meets the neck at the 14th, does anyone know how much different the neck would be on the tele? no local shops have them

Comment

the Les Paul has a 24.75" scale length & has 22 frets. the fender you mentioned here is 25.5", also 22 frets. if you fancy the Takamine feel, audition a Gibson at your dealer's to get a feel of how close it is to your liking. in any case, the Gibson sports a finished neck & needs a little getting used to but it shouldn't be a major put off.

there are many dual humbucking guitars out there, the tele you mentioned here is just an option. IMO Fender excels in single coil tones but i do come across impressive Fender humbucking tones time & again (well i have a humbucking equipped tele...). i'd suggest you keep your options open.
          Psychic Horns

Comment

my friend's les paul studio feels a little fat. If you look at the tele I'm talking about, it has one really clean humbucker & one that sounds really good dirty, like a regular tele but cleaner cleans & dirtier dirties

Comment

Working...
            X