got my ESP EC-1000, time to customize, pickup suggestions/questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my ESP EC-1000, time to customize, pickup suggestions/questions

First of all, this guitar kicks some serious ass. It put all the Les Pauls I've owned to shame, to horrible shame no less. Anyway....

It has a '59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge. Neither one I'm crazy about. I'm a big fan of the Distortion bridge pickup, but I have one in my ibanez already. So I'm thinking about the Custom. I need a crunchy bridge pickup. The JB sounds more like a fart than crunch. Does the Custom have any advantage over the Distortion? If not, I might just put another DD in this guitar, but I'd rather have an axe that doesn't sound the same as my other one.

as for the neck, I LOVE the jazz neck pickup, I might put one in here unless one of you guys want to recommend a neck pickup that worked out real well for you in a Les Paul style guitar.

Re: got my ESP EC-1000, time to customize, pickup suggestions/questions

What? no one?

Comment

Re: got my ESP EC-1000, time to customize, pickup suggestions/questions

I agree 100%! It also looks like you're on the right track- The Custom and the Jazz are a very nice combination. I was not impressed with the JB either- it sounded a little anemic in my Jackson Dinky as well. If the pups don't sound good, you can always swap them out on Ebay! Good luck!
      Very Metal.

:firedevil :headbang: :firedevil

ESP Lynch Kamikaze 4
      ESP Lynch Sunburst Tiger
      ESP Lynch Skulls and Snakes
      ESP Lynch Serpent-colored lefty body
      ESP KH-1
      LTD F-207-7 string- custom metal headstock tone block
      BC Rich KKV
      Schecter Omen 7-7 string- SD '59 neck/Custom bridge
      Soldano Series II Super Lead 60

Comment