Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what shall i buy??

hi,
    im into adrian belew, lyndsey buckingham, earl slick. I have a humbucker/single/single setup and want to get some new pickups but dont know which ones. please if you have any suggestions on types of seymour setups i would be very happy.

Re: what shall i buy??

those guys seem to suggest to me that you would be happy with a very clean clear uncolored pickup that gets heavily processed .. i think the cool rails for neck and vintage rails for the middle might be a good choice ... maybe a screamin demon for the bridge?

other guys have ideas?

cheers
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

screaming demon for lindsy buckingham? i would go with a 59b myself....
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

kinman wood stock on the neck and middle and jazz for bridge.
        Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
        The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
          screaming demon for lindsy buckingham? i would go with a 59b myself....
          despite the name, word has it that the SD is a very articulate pickup ... as much as i love the 59, i was afraid it would be too warm and rounded and spongy for the stuff he mentioned

i am sure others can chime in with more expert opinion than i can humbly offer

cheers
          t4d
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Antiquity neck and mid w/ the PG in the bridge.
            This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
              despite the name, word has it that the SD is a very articulate pickup ... as much as i love the 59, i was afraid it would be too warm and rounded and spongy for the stuff he mentioned

i am sure others can chime in with more expert opinion than i can humbly offer

cheers
              t4d
              I Use the Scremon Demon and yes it is very clear and articulate but it can also crunch,cut and grind very well..It's kind of a Jeckyl and Hyde in it's tone..

John
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
              X