banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have a DiMarzio Super D (Single coil)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have a DiMarzio Super D (Single coil)?

I'm wondering if I understandd the wiring right.

It seems to have an authentic TAP i.e. a wire going halfway up the coil. It might just be an additional ground. Dunno.

3 wires:
    Green
    Black
    White
    Solid metal ground

Does this PU actually have 3 grounds (Green, solid metal and black)?

or can the black be use to coil tap.

Other PUs like this that I can use as a reference?
    Fat Strat into a Soldano, always.

Re: Anyone else have a DiMarzio Super D (Single coil)?

I had an SDS-1 and had the exact same thing. I just threw all three to ground. I'm sure you can get some help at Dimarzio.com
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by motorhead
      I'm wondering if I understandd the wiring right.

It seems to have an authentic TAP i.e. a wire going halfway up the coil. It might just be an additional ground. Dunno.

3 wires:
      Green
      Black
      White
      Solid metal ground

Does this PU actually have 3 grounds (Green, solid metal and black)?

or can the black be use to coil tap.

Other PUs like this that I can use as a reference?
      If you are saying that you have a three conductor super distortion then it's an original three conducotr dual-sound (same pup wired three conductor) ... the bare wire is a shield it goeas to groung period! No exceptions. You have a hot, a ground and a tap, the third is the same as running a wire from the white and red on a Duncan (or the black and white on a DMZ) to a tap point it connects to those two wires that normally get tied togther. As far as splitting the pup, yeah that's what the third (middle)wire is there for... not sure what the colour code was on the three conductors e-mail Dimarzio technical support for help. If you have a single coil, well it sounds like you have a TDS-1, long since fadded into the pup abyss ... it was just that, a tappable single coil with adjustable allen head pole pieces.
      Ask Steve or one of the guys at DMZ for specifics, but before you do check the FAQ section on their site, as the answer might be there.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

WoW! fast response from DiMarzio Tech:

<<It is not a coil tap. Black and white are the coil outputs. One of them must be connected to ground and the other used as hot. Bare is the cable shield, green is the pickup's internal foil shield. So yes, three of the four wires go to ground.>>

Even with 3 grounds connected it's still a noisy sucker.
        Fat Strat into a Soldano, always.

Comment

Originally posted by motorhead
          WoW! fast response from DiMarzio Tech:

<<It is not a coil tap. Black and white are the coil outputs. One of them must be connected to ground and the other used as hot. Bare is the cable shield, green is the pickup's internal foil shield. So yes, three of the four wires go to ground.>>

Even with 3 grounds connected it's still a noisy sucker.
          That is just bizarre, why would they run an extra wire for the shield when that goes to ground anyway? Anyway, not sure of that model, if it's one of the new ones, or one of the real old ones. That is odd ...
          ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
          ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
          Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
          X