lightnin' rods p-bass: help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lightnin' rods p-bass: help please

i was wanting to upgrade the pickups on my ibanez gsr100 bass and i saw the seymour duncan lightnin' rods active pickups for p-bass. ive never replaced pickups before and i have a couple questions.

1.if i put in those pickups will just my 2 knobs(volume and tone) work or would i need more knobs? because on most basses with active pickups i see have 4 knobs.
    2.do the pickups come with a battery holder thingy?
    3.since ive never messed with the pickups before am i most likely to screw it all up?

thanks
    Last edited by Cowboy Dan!?; 06-02-2004, 06:34 PM.
    The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Re: lightnin' rods p-bass: help please

I'm not much on actives, nor have I installed or replaced any. I think you should do ok w/ just two knobs, but you will have to replace the pots to 25k instead of 250/500k. I dont think the pikcups come w/ the battery compartment, and you will have to make room for a preamp unless your guitar is already active. I'm sure you can find plenty of wiring diagrams to help you through it, and if you mess up, just come back here and ask. By the way, welcome to the forum.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Re: lightnin' rods p-bass: help please

alright, thanks a lot man.
      Last edited by Cowboy Dan!?; 06-02-2004, 06:34 PM.
      The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Comment

Working...
      X