banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Other Than Lew And Myself Using The Fralin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Other Than Lew And Myself Using The Fralin?

Hello all...Anyone else using the Fralin Steel Pole Bridge pickup for strat with the 43 gauge wiring that does the P90 tone thang? Just wondering your thoughts on it and please tell me where your adjustment heights are on yours? Do I need to treat it like a regular strat type single coil regarding height or should this baby be up pretty close like a humbucker? That's what I'm wondering?

It's too early to comment on the tone yet with this pickup until I get all 3 pickups adjusted and balanced....Should be at some point today though...

Thanks again to Lew for the pickup...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Anyone Other Than Lew And Myself Using The Fralin?

I have one, but haven't tried it (sorry Lew, I'm lazy sometimes)

I'd like to know what you think .. I kinda wonder if they're at all like the Harmonic Design Vintage Plus that I thought was a little too hi-fi ...

plus, I'd to hear someone's thoughts who's tried the SP43 as well as the SD SSL-3 Hot that I like in the bridge
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

John,

I have them and see my post in the other thread that you have got. I have adjusted my heights as per normal strat heights 2cm on 1st string (measured from pole peice) and 4cm on 6th string (measured from pole piece). I have found that these seem to work best for me but you may find some other height suitable for you.

Cheers
      Norman
      Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
        John,

I have them and see my post in the other thread that you have got. I have adjusted my heights as per normal strat heights 2cm on 1st string (measured from pole peice) and 4cm on 6th string (measured from pole piece). I have found that these seem to work best for me but you may find some other height suitable for you.

Cheers
        Norman
        Thanks Norman...Glad to see all the cool people use the Fralins! Norman...Actually I have the other bridge position version.Mine is the Steel Pole version without the base plate and the 43 gauge wire with screws for my poles and the magnets mounted on the baseplate...Referred to as having the tone and output of a P90...So convert your goofy metric over to the way we measure stuff! Just kidding...Our rulers have both and I'm above that and have a conversion on the back of my measurement rulers for my guitars...Anything to make John's life harder right buddy?

Ya gotta hand it to Lew for getting us right on the mark...Nice job he did on your pickguard also..very professional looking...I should send my guard to Lew and let him do the blend pot mod for me...

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
        X