Little 59?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little 59?

Guitar tech talked me out of routing my strat for a humbucker. He told me to try a single coil size bucker first. Any little 59 fans out there? I am pretty sure I am going for one of these as soon as I find one. I don't like the sound of "hot" pickups usually--they rob too much high end and sparkle.

Re: Little 59?

I'm a bigger fan of the Cool Rails. I never cared for the Little 59, but then again I love hotter pickups. The Cool Rails was a good medium between too mild and too hot.
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

See I'm the opposite. I've never heard a hot pickup that appealed to me. I guess I value the high end and clarity more that the boost in output. I'm not a heavy distortion guy, though either. Thanks for the input. I was hoping to hear from some people who have used this or maybe the JB Jr. I've seen alot of these, someone must use 'em.

Comment

one of my best neck pickup is the Lil' '59, which is slightly hotter than the full-sized humbucking version + has a tad more mids for clarity. this baby can do clean & high gain very well, it's a worthy investment.
        Psychic Horns

Comment

I have one in the bridge of my strat, and compared to the custom flat in the neck and quarter pounder in the mid, it's a bit bright and quiet. It does have more crunch than either of them, but it's clean tone is kinda frail.

Comment

Which position?
            My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
              Which position?

I'm looking for a bridge.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out this same issue. I currently have either a hot rails or cool rails in my bridge (I cant tell the difference), and it sounds to heavy in the mids. I'm debating about the lil 59 myself.

Comment

either the little '59 or cool rails. I love them both. I like the cool rails a little better because it's a little clearer and has more attack. But that '59 has that vintage growl to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X