Fralin Steel Pole Hot For Bridge...So Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fralin Steel Pole Hot For Bridge...So Far

Lew just sold me one of these to fill out the bridge position of an older 80s American Standard strat with a Floyd Rose bridge...Check this out and this is an early evaluation while I tweak and learn more about it..

Sounds just like a strat pickup in it's highs and chime,but it has alot more of everything that a good strat bridge pickup "should" posses....The tone isn't at all dark and doesn't sound or act like a bridge humbucker...It just sounds like a real strong single coil with more of what we all love in a single coil pickup...The other cool thing is that the 4th position together with my Fat 50 middle pickup sounds very quacky....This position is nice and articulate and bright as if the bridge pickup was a regular single coil pickup...Very cool pickup..I don't hear any un-natural tones from this pickup that I don't like either...In other words,the mids don't seem to be a problem like it would be if I were to use a Texas Special pickup...So far I've only played this pickup very clean and it does sound very much like a great strat pickup...I haven't used it with gain yet,but I'm sure it'll be great...I can tell within minutes if something is worth keeping and I do believe this will be another keeper(So far anyway) Thanks again to Lew for his expert recommendation on knowing my styles and what works for me...This is as good as it's going to get as far as getting into some cool P90 territory without actually putting a P90 into a custom guard...This pickup looks like and is the size of a single coil but has it's magnets on the base plate and has screws instead of pole pieces....Check it out...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Fralin Steel Pole Hot For Bridge...So Far

John,

Lew convinced me some time ago to get the Fralin Vintage Hot pups when I was looking to see what the Fralin blues pups were like. He made them all up on a pickguard and I also have the blend tone to bring in the neck or middle in pos 2 & 4. It has totally opened the guitar up and brought out some fantastic tones and I am very pleased. You get some great chimey highs and better note definition. It also sounds really great with some overdrive on it and can cut through very well. I thoroughly recommend the Fralins as a complete set if you are thinking about doing this on your strat.

It has made me think very hard on what pups I should put in my Highway 1 strat that I just got and I am not sure as to what to get. By the way rear pic of the pickguard for you.

Norman

Normans Guitars

Comment

Re: Fralin Steel Pole Hot For Bridge...So Far

I just love Lew's work on your pickguard Norman...

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
      X