12 gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 gauge?

i'm putting some 12 strings on my strat. What are some suggestions for adjusting my guitar. i have a american fender strat.

Re: 12 gauge?

if you plan on bending alot, you might have to raise the action. It would help to back the spring claw back and add the two other springs. Also, you should check your intonation just incase. Welcome to the board.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Yeah, check your intonation, and you will probably have to tighten your truss rod if you're going to be playing in standard.
      Originally posted by The Minstrel
      Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

well, I play 14-62 in standard (took me awhile to get up to this guage, dont jump to it), and I didnt need to tighten my trussrod.
        This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

You could consider tune it to Eb like SRV. Never tried but they say it is easier to bend on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by beandip
            well, I play 14-62 in standard (took me awhile to get up to this guage, dont jump to it), and I didnt need to tighten my trussrod.
            I needed to adjust mine when I went from 11's to 13's.

It's doesn't hurt to check it anyway.

Make sure your strings are seated correctly in the nut, and get it re-cut if neccissary.
            || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

I have had great luck with single strings from D'Addario...
              .012, .015, .018, .028, .038, .052
              I have found most pre-packages sets are not optimally balanced tension and/or tone wised...
              HEAVY strings are key for massive tone!
              GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

Working...
              X