Pots on Epiphone G-400 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pots on Epiphone G-400 ?

Do Epiphone G-400 (SG copies) have 500 k pots? I was thinking about putting a screamin Demon in the bridge and a 59 in the neck. Will the 500 k pots cause the guitar to be too bright with these pickups?

Re: Pots on Epiphone G-400 ?

Nope, they'll be just fine. Pretty much all buckers are recomended w/ 500k pots. Welcome to the board by the way.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Yep, 500k pots are the norm for humbuckers. I've never tried a Screamin Demon in my G400, so I can't comment on how it'll sound.

Comment

If your Epi is stock it should Have 250k pots in it.

Comment

Yes it is stock. So how will 250 k pots affect my sound as compared to 500 k pots?

Comment

I put a 500k pot in my SG X to see what difference it would make. The top end got alot brighter almost harsh so I switched it back out for a 300k. Now its perfect.

When you get your new pup's, if the tone is too dark for you increasing your pots to a 500k will brighten it up. I'd get your new pups in first with the stock pots. Then do any upgrades after.

Comment

Thanks everyone.
              I just recently rejoined this forum. I used to be around quite frequently years ago before the forum was changed. I have modded a bunch of Strats and Teles in the past with SD's and have always loved them. Pickups I'e tried - LP - Seth Lovers, Strat- TX Specials, SSL-1s, APS 1's, SD 5-2's Teles - SD 5-2's, Vintage Staggered Bridge, & Antiyity Tele lead & neck. I didn't care for the TX Specials, too harsh. All the Duncans were good in there own way depending on what sound I was going for. Nowdays I'm more into the SG humbucking tone.

Comment

Working...
              X