4-way Tele-Switch Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-way Tele-Switch Wiring

Got two Tele Pups and want to wire them to a 4-way switch...

Followed Fender's guide, but really low volume NOW

What gives?

Any ideas?
    Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
    When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
    Red Devils - 1% all the way!
    Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
    Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Re: 4-way Tele-Switch Wiring

Originally posted by Stratman
    Got two Tele Pups and want to wire them to a 4-way switch...

Followed Fender's guide, but really low volume NOW

What gives?

Any ideas?
    It's been awhile but if your neck pickup has a metal cover,I remember disconnecting the cover ground from the pickup itself and running a seperate cover ground from the cover over to one of the pots in order for the 4 way switch to work...Both of my Teles have the 4 way switches that I wired so if you get into a jam,I have the drawing....My drawing is actually a better and revised 4 way wiring that a guy on the FDP sent me...Let me know if I can get ya fixed up?

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

there should be a schematic on mr. gearhead, too ... oops, maybe that's the one you followed
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
        there should be a schematic on mr. gearhead, too ... oops, maybe that's the one you followed
        I've got a better or upgraded version of the wiring for the 4 way Tele switch from a real good electronics guy via the FDP...Can't remember his name now?

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
          It's been awhile but if your neck pickup has a metal cover,I remember disconnecting the cover ground from the pickup itself and running a seperate cover ground from the cover over to one of the pots in order for the 4 way switch to work...Both of my Teles have the 4 way switches that I wired so if you get into a jam,I have the drawing....My drawing is actually a better and revised 4 way wiring that a guy on the FDP sent me...Let me know if I can get ya fixed up?

John
          Actually the Texas Special Tele Pups already have the Neck Cover ground wire separate...

I should have stated that!
          Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Try that link
            Dom L
            1997 Roadhouse Strat
            2005 Eric Clapton Strat
            2007 Martin 000-28EC
            2007 Parts-o-Caster

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97

John
              I'm wondering if that uses the differential ground instead of lifting the ground on one pup, if so that sounds exactly like one I came up with ... my reasoning was that it was better(desigan and application wise) and could be used on strat pups as well (ie ...no shielded covers) ... there is also a screw up one around that was a preliminary of mine that a guy stole (put on his site no less) .. hhmm ... John check your PM.
              ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
              ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
              Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Fixed the problem...

Turned out to be a short in the switch itself...

Go figure, I never before had any problems with Fender switches.

Comment

I've had solder flow down the contact and short stuff. Now I use less solder - just enough to make contact.
                  "music heals"
                  facebook

Comment

Working...
                  X