X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curly
    replied
    Re: 4-way Tele-Switch Wiring

I've had solder flow down the contact and short stuff. Now I use less solder - just enough to make contact.

Leave a comment:

• Stratman
    replied

Fixed the problem...

Turned out to be a short in the switch itself...

Go figure, I never before had any problems with Fender switches.

Leave a comment:

• Kent S.
    replied

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
    It's been awhile but if your neck pickup has a metal cover,I remember disconnecting the cover ground from the pickup itself and running a seperate cover ground from the cover over to one of the pots in order for the 4 way switch to work...Both of my Teles have the 4 way switches that I wired so if you get into a jam,I have the drawing....My drawing is actually a better and revised 4 way wiring that a guy on the FDP sent me...Let me know if I can get ya fixed up?

John
    I'm wondering if that uses the differential ground instead of lifting the ground on one pup, if so that sounds exactly like one I came up with ... my reasoning was that it was better(desigan and application wise) and could be used on strat pups as well (ie ...no shielded covers) ... there is also a screw up one around that was a preliminary of mine that a guy stole (put on his site no less) .. hhmm ... John check your PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dom L
    replied

Try that link
    Dom L

Leave a comment:

• Stratman
    replied

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
    It's been awhile but if your neck pickup has a metal cover,I remember disconnecting the cover ground from the pickup itself and running a seperate cover ground from the cover over to one of the pots in order for the 4 way switch to work...Both of my Teles have the 4 way switches that I wired so if you get into a jam,I have the drawing....My drawing is actually a better and revised 4 way wiring that a guy on the FDP sent me...Let me know if I can get ya fixed up?

John
    Actually the Texas Special Tele Pups already have the Neck Cover ground wire separate...

I should have stated that!

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Originally posted by Curly
    there should be a schematic on mr. gearhead, too ... oops, maybe that's the one you followed
    I've got a better or upgraded version of the wiring for the 4 way Tele switch from a real good electronics guy via the FDP...Can't remember his name now?

John

Leave a comment:

• Curly
    replied

there should be a schematic on mr. gearhead, too ... oops, maybe that's the one you followed

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Originally posted by Stratman
    Got two Tele Pups and want to wire them to a 4-way switch...

Followed Fender's guide, but really low volume NOW

What gives?

Any ideas?

John

Leave a comment:

• Stratman
    started a topic 4-way Tele-Switch Wiring

4-way Tele-Switch Wiring

Got two Tele Pups and want to wire them to a 4-way switch...

Followed Fender's guide, but really low volume NOW

What gives?

Any ideas?
Working...
X