super switch wiring: is this right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super switch wiring: is this right?

this is probably wrong but, would this gimme the right positions?

the stray black lead towards the top is to the output. the positions i want are listed in the picture... thanks

Re: super switch wiring: is this right?

It's late, but it looks ok to my bleery eyes. Seems like a clean, usable layout to me.

For position 3, you want the screw & slug coils of each pickup in series but the pickups in parallel with each other, right?

This is nitpicking, but on the 2 right-hand poles, you don't need the neck red/white connection in positions 1 & 2 or the bridge red/white connections in positions 4 & 5.

BTW you are using a master tone/master volume here, aren't you?

Chip
    Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
    Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
    Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
    SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
    SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
    "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Start
      It's late, but it looks ok to my bleery eyes. Seems like a clean, usable layout to me.

For position 3, you want the screw & slug coils of each pickup in series but the pickups in parallel with each other, right?

This is nitpicking, but on the 2 right-hand poles, you don't need the neck red/white connection in positions 1 & 2 or the bridge red/white connections in positions 4 & 5.

BTW you are using a master tone/master volume here, aren't you?

Chip
      well for position 3 i wanted both full pickups (slugs and screws) in series with one another, like a stock middle position on an lp pickup switch, and the thing about the red leads being attached to the extra lugs, i was pretty sure i didnt have to, but i wanted to be safe. did i draw out position 3 wrong?
      thanks

P.S. i'm still learning, this is the first diagram i made off the top of my head, EVER! thanks for your patience
      Last edited by HolyDirt; 06-03-2004, 10:23 PM.

Comment

well... is it right or not? anyone?

Comment

Position 3 is like a stock LP - the individual coils of each pickup are in series, but the two pickups are combined in parallel.

BTW I asked about the master volume/master tone controls because I thought that there would be a problem with individual volume & tone controls the way you did the split. However, it looks like you could do it either way.

The way you did the coil split is good - the "dead" coil is completely out of the circuit. Never saw it done that way, but it should work fine.

There is a slightly different approach that you could use if you want to have a master volume, but 2 tone controls (say, one for positions 1 & 2 and another for positions 4, 5 & 6). PM me if you're interested.

Chip
          Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
          Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
          Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
          SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
          SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
          "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Working...
          X