jimmy page wiring: photo and explanation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jimmy page wiring: photo and explanation

i'd have to say that wiring job is ghetto, it reminds me of my first car stereo install
    'Sometimes you give the world your best and get kicked in the teeth, give them your best anyway'
    Uncle Ted

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
      Actually, if you pull the rythm tone by itself, you kill the whole guitar - in any position. On one hand, I agree that thats stupid. On the other hand, its what Jimmy wanted.
      is there something to do, to changeit!
      i am not agree with jimmy lol

Comment

The rhythm tone pot pulled is the series connection for the two pickups. The guitar will not be silent in the middle position (both pickups on) with the series pot pulled.
        www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
        www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
        http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
          The rhythm tone pot pulled is the series connection for the two pickups. The guitar will not be silent in the middle position (both pickups on) with the series pot pulled.
          Doh!

You're right! Its pretty bad when I start misinterpreting my own diagrams.

Artie

Comment

i ask it again xcuse me

is it possible to make something in order to cancel the fact that the bridge pickup is chut of when serie pushpull is pull?

Comment

I'm working on a slight modification of that circuit, but it will take some time. I've still got a couple of forum bro requests that I'm behind on. I gotta get those done first.

Comment

thanx very much

Comment

I'm into the in & out of phase idea now ...

In particular, do the funky out of phase sounds really cut through in a live situation. ??????...

thanks
                  Teles/Les Pauls/Strats
                  Rivera+Engl
                  Band: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ROCKET...C/191528640762

Comment

I'm working on a slight modification of that circuit, but it will take some time. I've still got a couple of forum bro requests that I'm behind on. I gotta get those done first.

Comment

Originally posted by alanfc
                      In particular, do the funky out of phase sounds really cut through in a live situation. ??????...
                      I'm wondering the same thing.

~MkF!
                      Guitars:
                      CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
                      Bridge: Five-Two

Agile AL2500 in White Pearl-
                      Neck: Alnico II Pro w/ A5 magnet. Bridge: Hybrid JB/Custom

Mesa Trem-O-Verb 2x12
                      Robert Keeley Effects

Comment

... The thing that was driving me nuts was that if you lift the neck tone switch, both pups lose their ground. It took me forever to realize that they actually wanted both pups full-on, in-series, with one out-of-phase. Can't imagine what that sounds like.
                        PRS was using two humbuckers in-series out-of-phase with some of their rotary switch guitars, and I think it sounds great! Being wired in series, the out-of-phase linkage isn't so thin and whiny, and being out-of-phase, the series linkage isn't so darned thick and muddy. The best of both bananas!

As for me I'd stick with the Schector Superock wiring harness, because when I wired it up there were no dead positions. Once you put the two pickups in series by pulling out the rhythm volume control, you can split the coils and/or invert the phase:

I'd have to say that Gibson screwed up when they stole this idea from Schector (... or did Schector perfect the idea after stealing it from Gibson? I dunno!)
                        Steve Ahola

The Blue Guitar:
                        http://www.blueguitar.org/

SoundClick Page:
                        http://www.soundclick.com/steveahola

Comment

I just wanted to say

a) great wiring scheme - if you aren't great with wiring - get it done by a PRO. Mine looks soooo clean and simple bc it was done right, and the layout for mine is killer. Eric's Guitars in LA

b) THE OUT OF PHASE SOUND is very much the Peter Green tone. Also, it can cut thru, as well it can be like an AM Radio. It's really like having a phase pedal in your guitar without the rate control. You get different tones based on the volume levels you set between the neck and bridge, and whether or not you have the coils split.
                          1973 Les Paul Standard
                          1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Thanks for the help!
                            :cool: To Be A Rock, And Not To Roll:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by OlinMusic
                              I just wanted to say

a) great wiring scheme - if you aren't great with wiring - get it done by a PRO. Mine looks soooo clean and simple bc it was done right, and the layout for mine is killer. Eric's Guitars in LA

b) THE OUT OF PHASE SOUND is very much the Peter Green tone. Also, it can cut thru, as well it can be like an AM Radio. It's really like having a phase pedal in your guitar without the rate control. You get different tones based on the volume levels you set between the neck and bridge, and whether or not you have the coils split.

you also have the problem of dead poistion when neck tone is pull?

Comment

hi to every1 (1st post here I'm a lespaulist from Italy),

could someone please post a photo to where the toggle switch has to be positioned??? I have this switch but I dont know where to put it !!thanks!!

I've also another question (sorry again if I bother) : the right schematic is the one of this thread : ArtieToo ???? am I right ?? ,my english is not good as you can see and I want to be sure that I'm modifyin' my lespaul with the right one...

thanks to you all... any help will be greatly appreciated...

Comment

Working...
                                X