JBjr vs Lil'59 vs Cool Rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBjr vs Lil'59 vs Cool Rails

Looking for a fatter neck tone in one of my Jacksons (DK-2). I have SSL-2's in there right now and t is a little on the bright side. Not terrible but I think this guitar could use something fatter. I have SSL-6's in one of my other Jacksons and those are fat but I was thinking of something different like maybe a Cool Rails or a JBjr. I have had Lil'59's before and they are OK but not great to my ears. Anybody have any expeirience with these as neck pickups? The bridge pickup is a Duncan Custom TB. TIA.
    Owner:
    Slamo Custom Guitars
    Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish

Re: JBjr vs Lil'59 vs Cool Rails

Ive got a JBJr in the neck of my jackson ps2 and it sounds fantastic! Fat and warm for both cleans and distortion alike. Highly recommended!
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

If you want to stay with a passive PUP the Quarter Pounder might do the trick.

Comment

Well, you might could try some APS-2's. Warmer than the SSL-2's and relativly the same output.
        This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

I've been trying to figure out this same issue, except for the bridge position.
          Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
          X