X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installed my tele Ants

*added clips to the page listed below*

I installed my tele Ants last night ...
    in short, they are balanced and harmonically rich ... I'll try to make clips later, although I've practically stopped making clips since I got my recorder --- how ironic

I added a couple (crappy) pics to my ant page:

I should say first that I still am more of a strat player, but I've been surrounded by tele players, and have kind of set out to figure teles out..

In that ash tele, I had a Broadcaster/ Vintage combo, then went to a JD in the bridge. I liked the crunch of the Broadcaster, but thought it was just a little bright in that ax. I liked the JD a little better for its nice harmonics and fat vocal tone, but I'd like to find the right neck pickup to make a nice balanced set - that, to me, seems to be the trick with teles.

If I get the feeling with a new set of pickups like I just can't put down my guitar, that's a good sign, and that's how I felt about the Ant set. They sounded good in all 3 positions ... the neck sounded nice when pushed, with a smooth overdrive tone; I like the bridge with some tone rolled off, cranking out crunch chords, and the mid position was a good clean rhythm tone. I don't know how Seymour does it (well, I know it's years and years of experience!) but both my Ant strat set and this tele set just seem richer harmonically, and that's what I like.
    Last edited by Curly; 06-05-2004, 03:41 PM.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Re: installed my tele Ants

Thanks for the review Curly! I'll definately have to check out the ants if (more like when ) I pick up another Tele.
    -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
    I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Thanks for the great review!
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
        I installed my tele Ants last night ...
        in short, they are balanced and harmonically rich ... I'll try to make clips later, although I've practically stopped making clips since I got my recorder --- how ironic

I added a couple (crappy) pics to my ant page:

I should say first that I still am more of a strat player, but I've been surrounded by tele players, and have kind of set out to figure teles out..

In that ash tele, I had a Broadcaster/ Vintage combo, then went to a JD in the bridge. I liked the crunch of the Broadcaster, but thought it was just a little bright in that ax. I liked the JD a little better for its nice harmonics and fat vocal tone, but I'd like to find the right neck pickup to make a nice balanced set - that, to me, seems to be the trick with teles.

If I get the feeling with a new set of pickups like I just can't put down my guitar, that's a good sign, and that's how I felt about the Ant set. They sounded good in all 3 positions ... the neck sounded nice when pushed, with a smooth overdrive tone; I like the bridge with some tone rolled off, cranking out crunch chords, and the mid position was a good clean rhythm tone. I don't know how Seymour does it (well, I know it's years and years of experience!) but both my Ant strat set and this tele set just seem richer harmonically, and that's what I like.
        Curly....That about explains my feelings on things like guitars,pickups,and amps.If I plug in and it sounds great and makes me just want to sit and play,then I Know it's something really good...In fact I actually find that something like the Antiquity pickups grow on me more over a period of time..There's just a whole bunch of great tone and vibe with the Ant stuff....How can anyone of us not like them? That's great Curly...Enjoy them..I'll be cranking some riffs and chords through your freshly modded DS1 using my Fralin Hot bridge pickup in my recent strat project..I'll let you know more later...

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
          If I plug in and it sounds great and makes me just want to sit and play,then I Know it's something really good...
          John
          John,
          well, as I've said here before, a good guitar or amp is like a good bowl of chili - hard to put down
          that's how I got so fat, and ended up with so much gear!

but, I do always look for the "X Factor"
          Last edited by Curly; 06-05-2004, 03:42 PM.
          "music heals"
          facebook

Comment

John,
            well, as I've said here before, a good guitar or amp is like a good bowl of chili - hard to put down
            that's how I got so fat, and ended up with so much gear!

but, I do always look for the "X Facor"
            aHHHHH you say all this nonsense buddy,but you're still very much stylin!

John
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

*added clips *

ash tele through '56 tweed Deluxe amp
              "music heals"
              facebook

Comment

aHHHHH you say all this nonsense buddy,but you're still very much stylin!

John
                Curly.....Are you ignoring me?

Comment

Curly.....Are you ignoring me?
                  haha ...
                  no, my mailbox was full
                  "music heals"
                  facebook

Comment

John,
                    "
                    Chili - The one food that gives you gas AND G.A.S.
                    John Cipollina August 24, 1943 - May 29, 1989

Comment

Working...
                    X