'78 Production Model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '78 Production Model?

Sorry if I missed out on any big news, I've been away for a while. I saw on the inside over of the latest "Guitar Legends" mag with EVH on it, there's a Charvel ad with single-humbucker super-Strat and the ad says it's got the "Seymour Duncan '78 model humbucker". Is this just a one-off deal or could it be released widespread soon?

Re: '78 Production Model?

I would think its just a one off deal, but hopefully Evan will chime in sometime soon and let us all know.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

It's a custom shop pickup, $160. There was some talk about making a production version of it, but as of now, it's still a custom only pickup.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Better known as the EVH Evenly Voiced Harmonics.
        Customshop pickup.
        Make a search for more info, lots of it.

Comment

Most guitar builders buy their Duncans and Basslines from our regular production models. However, sometimes builders will buy pickups made in either the SWD Custom Shop or the Basslines Custom Shop. In the case of the Charvel Anniversary Model with the '78 Humbucker, they bought those pickups from the Custom Shop (and paid a much higher price than if they were buying production pickups).

Lots of high-end bass builders, like Fodera, Sadowsky, Tyler, Zon, Modulus and others buy their pickups from the Basslines Custom Shop.

Sometimes Custom Shop pickups become regular production models. Like the Phat Cat and the Five-Two series. But at this time, we don't have plans to release the '78 Model into production.
          Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
          Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Thanks Evan.
            This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Working...
            X