The 'real' Jazz pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 'real' Jazz pickup

here's something to think about though, when you think about a jazz guitar I would imagine you'd think of a hollow-body archtop guitar with a single PAF neck HB. I don't think you could ever really get that natural sound & smoothness from any bridge position simply because it's in the bridge. To get what I'm saying pluck your strings very close to your bridge/saddles unplugged, getting a jazzy sound from there would have to be some very proccesed sound like a piezo pup system. There are guys though that use their bridge pup for jazz and stuff (beck, santana etc.) but the tone isn't traditional mellow jazz. see what I'm sayin
    Fender MIA Strat (Blue/Red Velvets)
    JB Player Strat (Norton/PAF Pro w/ 5way superswitch)
    Fender HotRod Deville 212 Cleans baby clean.
    Vox Valvetronix 30w AWESOME!!!!!
    Dunlop Classic Crybaby
    Do you know any geniuses, I wish I knew myself better.

Comment

the jazz was formally the JM which was refering to john milner from the movie american grafitti which has NOTHING to do with jazz music

Comment

i'd say a set of 59's? maybe alinco 2 pros i guess they have a very warm sound. The again all pick ups could be modded in tone, look at slash he uses ap2s but his tone ripped pure rock n roll and screaming leads too.
        Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Working...
        X