banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey guys need advice using a bridge pickup as a neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys need advice using a bridge pickup as a neck?

hey guys my sg is needing a little more gain to its bridge slot so ive decided maybe its time for a new pickup! Currently theres a pearly gates bridge in there, my question is how would the pearly gates sound in the neck? Id probably be putting a dime or a duncan distortion in the bridge? any advice?

Re: hey guys need advice using a bridge pickup as a neck?

The PG bridge model will be a bit darker than the neck model but it should be alright. At least it can't hurt to try.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
      The PG bridge model will be a bit darker than the neck model but it should be alright. At least it can't hurt to try.
      Hmm...that might be a good thing. I think my PGn is a little too bright for my tastes...maybe I'll take that PG+ that I dislike so much out of my strat and use it for a neck pup?

Farkus
      2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
      1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

The PG, Jazz or even a "59" bridge should be fine in the neck spot of an SG. If you find the necks gets muddy when you turn down the volume you can always add a treble bypass circuit. There is a schematic on Duncans website.

Comment

I've got a PGb in the neck of one of my guitars. I like it alot. It is a great match with a Custom 5 in the bridge. Would be great with a Custom too.
          Owner:
          Slamo Custom Guitars
          Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish

Comment

i always experiment with bridge pups in the neck, a lot of the time they sounds pretty good!

Comment

thanks guys! just was thinking maybe its like a taboo! thinking about putting a nice distortion in the bridge slot get some rippin harmonics! the sg will come to life! its alive, its alive! any other sugfgestions on bridges for a sg though? i have no idea im thinking distortion, maybe custom5, maybe even a dimebucker? any thoughts on dimebuckers?

Comment

Working...
              X