Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions

Hello, I was looking around and there are a variety of pickups to choose from and I'm clueless. I have an Ibanez Iceman 400. I'd like some suggestions on what pickups to consider. I like playing metal so I'd like a nice and heavy sound. Thanks.

Re: Suggestions

Originally posted by spannyspan
    Hello, I was looking around and there are a variety of pickups to choose from and I'm clueless. I have an Ibanez Iceman 400. I'd like some suggestions on what pickups to consider. I like playing metal so I'd like a nice and heavy sound. Thanks.
    Hola!

Can't go wrong with a Distortion for Metal.
    Playing:
    Thorn, PRS and Kauer Guitars
    Marshall, Greer amps, Metroamp Home Builds
    Duncan Favorites: SM3, 59's, Sat Night Specials....
    Scumback Speakers, V Picks and various other sundries

Comment

Thanks. I saw the SH-6 Distortion Humbucker over at musicians friend. Another question, would it be alright to buy the distortion pickup for both the neck and bridge or is it better to have 2 different types of pick ups.

Comment

Buy the neck version of the Disto, sounds very good on a pair.

If the guitar has a tremolo, grab a trembucker sized for better e string responce.
        Playing:
        Thorn, PRS and Kauer Guitars
        Marshall, Greer amps, Metroamp Home Builds
        Duncan Favorites: SM3, 59's, Sat Night Specials....
        Scumback Speakers, V Picks and various other sundries

Comment

If metal is all you play then probably a distortion pair. But if you might want to do something else with that guitar one day you could look into a JB/59 combo, which would be great for metal but could quite nicely do a whole lot more too. Very versatile combo. Or a JB/Jazz combo...same deal.
          My Soundclick page.

Comment

For metal, go with the Distortion pair. The bridge model is the best metal riffing pickup ever! I haven't heard the neck, yet. But I am looking to get a pair for one of my guitars. For a Distortion class pickup, they have pretty decent cleans as well.
            Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
            X