X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis
    replied
    Re: Suggestions

For metal, go with the Distortion pair. The bridge model is the best metal riffing pickup ever! I haven't heard the neck, yet. But I am looking to get a pair for one of my guitars. For a Distortion class pickup, they have pretty decent cleans as well.

Leave a comment:

• Young Angus
    replied

If metal is all you play then probably a distortion pair. But if you might want to do something else with that guitar one day you could look into a JB/59 combo, which would be great for metal but could quite nicely do a whole lot more too. Very versatile combo. Or a JB/Jazz combo...same deal.

Leave a comment:

• Big Mike Blues
    replied

Buy the neck version of the Disto, sounds very good on a pair.

If the guitar has a tremolo, grab a trembucker sized for better e string responce.

Leave a comment:

• spannyspan
    replied

Thanks. I saw the SH-6 Distortion Humbucker over at musicians friend. Another question, would it be alright to buy the distortion pickup for both the neck and bridge or is it better to have 2 different types of pick ups.

Leave a comment:

• Big Mike Blues
    replied

Originally posted by spannyspan
    Hello, I was looking around and there are a variety of pickups to choose from and I'm clueless. I have an Ibanez Iceman 400. I'd like some suggestions on what pickups to consider. I like playing metal so I'd like a nice and heavy sound. Thanks.
    Hola!

Can't go wrong with a Distortion for Metal.

Leave a comment:

• spannyspan
    started a topic Suggestions

Suggestions

Hello, I was looking around and there are a variety of pickups to choose from and I'm clueless. I have an Ibanez Iceman 400. I'd like some suggestions on what pickups to consider. I like playing metal so I'd like a nice and heavy sound. Thanks.
Working...
X