Pickup Config, [CR, DD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Config, [CR, DD]

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum (but I've read it for about 2 weeks straight - you people are a good bunch!... unlike some other forums), and new to pickup modifications in general... I've got a Yamaha Pacifica 312II... alder body, rosewood fingerboard and HSS configuration - I want to put Cool Rails in the neck and Duncan Distortion and the bridge, while keeping the middle pickup switched off (the stock ones are weak and I want to be able to do that fancy on/off trick :P)

What I wanted to know, because I've heard a lot about wiring - is what would be the best "type"..
    • Parallel, in Phase
    • Parallel, out of phase
    • Series, in phase
    • Series, out of Phase

[edit] Also, what about 250K pots and 500K pots?

Thanks guys!
    Bee
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 06-07-2004, 04:30 AM.
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Re: Pickup Config, [CR, DD]

Ohk I've done a bit of research and my guess is that for Cool Rails single in neck and Duncan Distortion humbucker in bridge, I can opt for Series in phase with 500k pots... can anyone confirm this for me?
    Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Re: Pickup Config, [CR, DD]

bump
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
      X