banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me with this single coils (staggereds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with this single coils (staggereds)

Vintage Staggered, Hot, Quarter-Pound™ Staggered, Alnico II Pro™ Staggered, Custom Staggered, Five-Two®

I'm so confused with single coils, can any one help me to understand those single coils please.

Re: Help me with this single coils (staggereds)

I learned as much as I could by reading the descriptions, and listening to the tone samples.

You might also check the reviews in the vault.

that should help you with most of what your looking for
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

what kind of tone are you looking for? what is your style? amp?
      http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
      >cord<
      1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by flank
        what kind of tone are you looking for? what is your style? amp?
        My style is progressive metal (Dream Theater, Symphony X,Adagio, Andromeda), jazz rock (Greg Howe, Frank Gambale, CAB), Neoclassical (Yngwie Malmsteen, Tony MacAlpine)

I'm specially interested in Single Coils for Midle possition becase I already have decided to use Air Norton + Tone Zone, so I just need the single coil, I wanna listen your opionons about good ones for clean tones, or semi distorted tones for this single coil, with high gain I'll use the Air Norton or Tone Zone so I just need the complement for clean/semi distorted tones.

Comment

cool rails, its perfect to balance every thing out
          Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
          The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

The Guys at Dimarzio recommended me the Blue Velvet or FS-1, which Seymour Duncans are like those ones?

fusion101 do I have to install the Cool Rails as inverted poles, how good are for clean and distorted tones?

Comment

Bump

Comment

i just tried to go to the dimarzio website and it wont let me since i dont have the most recent flash player. dumb move on their part.

i have an fs1 and its kinda like a custom staggared but not as hot. the blue velvet is a vintagey single coil from what i remember, nice tone but i think it was a little bright

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
                  i just tried to go to the dimarzio website and it wont let me since i dont have the most recent flash player. dumb move on their part.

i have an fs1 and its kinda like a custom staggared but not as hot. the blue velvet is a vintagey single coil from what i remember, nice tone but i think it was a little bright
                  In the tone wizard they recommended me JB Jr. and SSL-1 and Alnico II Pro™ Staggered, which one of those do you like more?

Comment

Working...
                  X