PG and Paf Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PG and Paf Pro

I just ordered up a Pearly Gates to try out in my Wolfgang. I was wondering if anyone has had both of these pups and could offer their sonic observations.

Re: PG and Paf Pro

i dont have much experience with the wolf pups except in a wolfgang, and they dont do much for me.
    i LOVE the pg's. they are my favorite production bucker, nice cleans and killer overdrives

Comment

I hope the PG will finally give me the sound I'm looking for on my wolf. I liked the way it sounded on the Joe Satriani Live in San Fran DVD better the the fred paf pro setup. They seemed to be more open and the indiv notes in the chords just rang out. I guess thats why my fav guitar to play with high gain right now is my stock Fender American Strat. Nice open sound, and cuts really well when I'm recording. I'm looking for that same quality in a HB pup for my wolf.

Comment

the paf pro to me is the most open transparent sounding dimarzio, it has cut but is never harsh.
        I used it before the tone zone i have now and it was very very good.
        it is a modern classic sounding pup with some paf qualities but not exact.
        the pg is the same idea basis it is a paf but more presence and mids.
        the paf pro has more drive and power then the PG.
        in the wolf i would go paf pro

Comment

Originally posted by kard2565
          I hope the PG will finally give me the sound I'm looking for on my wolf. I liked the way it sounded on the Joe Satriani Live in San Fran DVD better the the fred paf pro setup.
          That was a PG? Wow, I thought they were custom made for him or something. But what was he using in the bridge on that DVD?
          Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
          Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
          Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
          Marshall 2x12 Vintage
          Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

I thought Joe used Dimarzio?

Also, aren't the PGs supposed to be very bright??

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
              I thought Joe used Dimarzio?

Also, aren't the PGs supposed to be very bright??
              satch used a pearly set for that ONE ibanez which has since been stolen

Comment

Yeah Pearly as he called it was stolen, don't think he ever got it back. If you watch closely you can see the seymour duncan logo on the pup. He switches up between it and dimarzio loaded guitar about every 3 or 4 songs.

Comment

Working...
                X