The Motherbucker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Motherbucker.

CERAMIC / D.C. =27.5K- A special design dual blade pickup that actually contains four coils in one humbucker! Wired to full capacity, this pickup is one of the loudest humbuckers available today, but it’s real strength lies in its incredible variety of wiring configurations. WD’s most versatile pickup to date.

thats pretty mad...

i was wondering though - could you do the same with two little 59's or JB juniors... to make an uber pup?
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Re: The Motherbucker.

two hot rails maybe? i've thought about that before

Comment

That's essentially what it is - 2 single coil size humbuckers in one. Hot rails pickups have that lip on them though, plus if you were to put 2 together then you'd end up with 4 mounting screws. You might be able to cut the lips and the ears off a pair of hotrails pickups and glue them onto a humbucker baseplate, but I think you'd also need to move the wires around, and they're delicate.

Why not just pick up a Kent Armstrong motherbucker? They're relatively cheap, they crop up on ebay occasionally. You can always sell it again if you don't like it (I was thinking of trying this myself).

Comment

i'm starting to do my own pup lol.. i'll destroy a ibanez powersound and try to construct my own hehe

Comment

Originally posted by southadc

Why not just pick up a Kent Armstrong motherbucker? They're relatively cheap, they crop up on ebay occasionally. You can always sell it again if you don't like it (I was thinking of trying this myself).

lol i dont think i need a 27k pup, i was just wondering if the same things could be done with hotrails, i know a guy who has hotrails in his strat and was gonna have the bridge re routed for a normal humbucker, and the same done to the neck and get a H H combination and some EMGs

but i was just wondering if he should just try this as an idea... not wholly serious but the motherbucker got my mind working
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid
          How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Working...
          X