Just got jb/59 set into my dean!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got jb/59 set into my dean!

Wow! Thats all I can say. Way different monster compared to my emg loaded les paul but i like it a lot. Also put in coil taps really good investment for those thinking about it. It has an absolute amazing clean especially compared to the paul and sounds awesome distorted way cool.
    Gear Owned.
    PRS Modern Eagle Single Cut trem
    PRS Custom 24
    Splawn Nitro
    Splawn 4x12 g12-75s/vintage 30
    Zakk Wylde Wah
    Maxon Od808
    Boss tu-2
    Boss Ns-2

Re: Just got jb/59 set into my dean!

Cool Guy; new p'ups are always fun. I haven't heard a JB, but the 59 is one of my favorites.

Comment

Good for you! Welcome to the land of tone.
      I have the same set. At first I didn't like it at all because I thought the neck PU was too bassy compared to the JB, but now that I have found a good balance in my setup I can get almost any sound I want.
      I especially like the clean tones I get from the '59/JB switched in series (both full on).

Comment

Do you find the JB too hot???? I am thinking of thaty set for my Dean Evo Deluxe. I have the Rio Grande BBQ bridge but that is a dark pickup and matched with my dark Dean......is too muddy compared to the BBQ in my LP. I am thinking of the Custom or JB. But, I hear the Jazz is a better companion to the JB....better balance.

Comment

I don't find the jb too hot. Of course im used to my emgs which are way hot but that is good for the type of music i play. Its helps to have the jb tapped backs off nice for a nice smooth distortion my new favorite sound. The best part is how clean it is. I just can't get that clean with my emgs.
          Gear Owned.
          PRS Modern Eagle Single Cut trem
          PRS Custom 24
          Splawn Nitro
          Splawn 4x12 g12-75s/vintage 30
          Zakk Wylde Wah
          Maxon Od808
          Boss tu-2
          Boss Ns-2

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst
            Good for you! Welcome to the land of tone.
            I have the same set. At first I didn't like it at all because I thought the neck PU was too bassy compared to the JB, but now that I have found a good balance in my setup I can get almost any sound I want.
            I especially like the clean tones I get from the '59/JB switched in series (both full on).
            Isn't that to hot for clean?????

how have you wired your pu switch. Iwant to have some kewl H - H setup in my RG too... think of two vol pots split etc...
            RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
            TS 7 (modded)
            Hot Rod 50+ XL
            Framus Dragon 4x12
            V-AMP II for practice

Comment

I have the Rio Grande BBQ/Texas in my LP and the Duncan Custom/59 in my Dean Evo Special. I think I'll be getting a JB/Jazz for my Dean Evo Premium. I'll still have another BBQ and C-5 lying around. Pickups 'o plenty!

Hey, that JB is killer clean isn't it!!

Comment

Working...
              X