banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single Coil or Single Coil Sized Humbucker for midle position in HSH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Coil or Single Coil Sized Humbucker for midle position in HSH?

I would like to know what's better for a midle possition?

Re: Single Coil or Single Coil Sized Humbucker for midle position in HSH?

Definitely a proper single coil, it will give you so much more versatility. Youll be able to get the thick humbucker sounds out of the bridge and neck by themselves and then youll get great stratty clean and quacky sounds from the middle by itself and positions 2 and 4.

Its the best way to go!
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

Even with the Duckbucker?

Comment

i think that Young Angus is refering to for example SSL-1, which is a true single coil.

Duckbucker is a bucker ^^ .... just in case you forgot
        Fender Strat Special (SH-1n, SSL-1, TB-4)
        Danelectro Fab-tone
        Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
        Digitech Whammy 2
        MXR M-101 PHASE 90
        Dunlop GCB-95 Original Cry Baby Wah

Comment

Yes but Duckbucker is a little bit different, look at the pictures and you will see what I'm talking about

Comment

it all depends on the sound you want.....neither choice is better until we know what you want
            http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
            >cord<
            1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Well in my case my Humbuckers are "Air Norton" and "Tone Zone" but I was thinking to not use too much high gain for the positions 2, 3 and 4 of the 5 way switch but if you can recommend me a good one to use high gain let me know, also DiMarzio guys recommend me this Blue Velvet and FS-1, I also saw Vintage Staggered SS-1 as an option but I'm not sure yet, what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by enb141
                I also saw Vintage Staggered SS-1 as an option but I'm not sure yet, what do you think?
                I do not know the DiMarzio PUs. SSL2 (Vintage flat) works great for me with JB and HotRails (both full and split).
                I cannot confirm that its output is too weak for combination with high output HBs
                Fender Strat Elite, Epiphone Emporer Regent, Framus Renegade Pro (4x SD Pickups!!!), modded Samick Skull&Snake
                Marshall 6101, Vox AD30VT
                Pedals, pedals, pedals ...

Comment

the fs1 is a slightly overwound pup, so itll have a fatter sound than the ssl1 or duck.
                  i think the duck is a cool choice and if you dont split the buckers alll the positions will be humcancelling

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
                    the fs1 is a slightly overwound pup, so itll have a fatter sound than the ssl1 or duck.
                    i think the duck is a cool choice and if you dont split the buckers alll the positions will be humcancelling

You mean in my 5 way switch like this:

Switch 1: Neck Humbucker
                    Switch 2: Neck Humbucker (Not splitted) + Duckbucker
                    Switch 3: Duckbucker
                    Switch 4: Bridge Humbucker (Not splitted) + Duckbucker
                    Switch 5: Bridge Humbucker

is that correct?

Do I have to get an inverted polarity Duckbucker?

Comment

all i know is, to prevent hum no hum problems i'd go duckbucker or cool rail
                      Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
                      The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Working...
                      X