Lack of product knowledge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of product knowledge...

I was in a local store the other day, and asked an employee which SD pickup in in the Charvel Journeyman. I said that I was pretty sure it was a JB. He told me that he did not know exactly which it was, but that it was NOT a JB. It was, according to him, one of the models with "built in distortion." I said, "ok, thanks", realizing he didn't know what he was talking about.

Now, I know salesmen (being one myself) always try to look like they have the answer, but it seems like in this instance, if someone is asking what model a pickup is, replying with notions of "built in distortion" is a bad idea, and that if I suggested JB, he should've either looked it up, or said "I think you're right."

Oh yeah... turns out it is a JB
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Lack of product knowledge...

Built in distortion?

Even I could have come up with something better than that, and I'm no pickup guy.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Re: Lack of product knowledge...

What are you guys talking about... nothing is better than a pickup with built in distortion. It's like those guitars with built in speakers, those are the best. I'd expect better advice than that from the "guitarists" on this board
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
      X