So how accurate IS the tone wizard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how accurate IS the tone wizard?

I was looking for a bridge humbucker to put into a Fender Highway Showmaster. The options I used in the wizard were alder body, hard rock/metal, rosewood fingerboard, locking trem. It recommended me the Blues Sareceno model for metal, classic rock, and fusion (main styles I play). I kind of found this to be an odd choice and figured a JB or a distortion trembucker would be better choices.

I'm trying to achieve early In Flames tone (Colony era)

Re: So how accurate IS the tone wizard?

Howy imrichbeyotch. Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.

The Tone Wizard is a data base created by a guy named Rodney Gene who used to work at Seymour Duncan and mod this forum. It's pretty good. But it's just a starting point. To really determine the right pickup for you, you should use the Tone Wizard, listen to the soundbytes, talk with folks on the forum, read the tone charts and then try the pickup. If you live in the USA, you're covered under the 21 Day Exchange Policy.

BTW, the Blues Trembucker would be a great choice for your Showmaster for metal, classic rock and fusion. So would the JB and Distortion. Listen them all three and determine which sounds best to you.

I hope that helps.
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

I always found the right PU when I used ToneChart, the audio samples and statements of forum members.
      Only you must never believe in comments about JB: ranges from perfect to too bright.

I also agree that Blues Trembucker should match. Power of JB is sometimes hard to control.
      Fender Strat Elite, Epiphone Emporer Regent, Framus Renegade Pro (4x SD Pickups!!!), modded Samick Skull&Snake
      Marshall 6101, Vox AD30VT
      Pedals, pedals, pedals ...

Comment

It seems the better the speakers on your computer, the better you can hear the differences in the pickups . Anyone else think this??? ...
        Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Definitely. And I'll take it a step in the opposite direction: if you don't have really good speakers in your computer, don't even bother listening. Everything will sound the same. A Hot Rails will sound like a Duckbuckers. And that's not fair to you or us.

Good point, 59paul.
          Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
          Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Another option if you don't have good speakers in your PC is to burn the sound clips to a disc and listen to them on your stereo. I found this to work better for me anyway.

Comment

i love the blues trembucker, rodney turned me on to it saying try it, youll love it.
              and i really do

Comment

The Blues trembucker looks great on paper I'll tell you that. Cool enough to sound vintage, but with more meat and a little more distortion.
                Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
                Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
                Originally posted by Sosomething
                "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Nice people here.

Comment

Originally posted by stratsandaks
                    Another option if you don't have good speakers in your PC is to burn the sound clips to a disc and listen to them on your stereo. I found this to work better for me anyway.

Now that's an Idea I have cheapo speakers on my PC all the clips sound the same
                    His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Working...
                    X