Phat Cats in Somethings wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phat Cats in Somethings wrong

I am real new at this so I really need some help.

I had the Phat cats put in in my Epi LP. Picked it up late so I couldn't try it. I first plugged it into my Peavey Bravo 112. All was well till I hit the distortion switch all hell broke loose loud constant crackle all kinds of noise. I was in the middle possition. Then lots of noise in the other positions. Then I tried it in my Peavey Classic 50, it was ok till I flipped it into the lead position then terrible noise again. The guitar toggle switch was allways a a little flakey, I asked the tech to replace it but he said he was out of stock.
    Do you think its the toggle switch? Your help would be greatly appreciated
    His Grace is Amazing

I doubt very highly that it is a pickup problem. If you are not the type to pick up a soldering iron and try a couple of things, take it back to the tech for evaluation. If you don't mind soldering I'll be glad to point you in the right direction to diagnose the problem.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

they are true single coils, they are hum cancelling in the middle position when using a single volume control, if you have seperate volumes for both pickups ala a Les Paul, they are only hum cancelling when both volumes are full up. I'm wondering if the noise when you go to distortion isn't just typical single coil operation. Not to offend but are you experienced w/ single coils and distortion?

Comment

Banking on bad switch but something hot maybe shorting to ground or the bridge ground is loose or a bad solder joint connecting pickup to volume control.
        Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

Originally posted by HHB
          they are true single coils, they are hum cancelling in the middle position when using a single volume control, if you have seperate volumes for both pickups ala a Les Paul, they are only hum cancelling when both volumes are full up. I'm wondering if the noise when you go to distortion isn't just typical single coil operation. Not to offend but are you experienced w/ single coils and distortion?
          I am not offended at all I am clueless on this stuff most of what I have learned, I learned here. I did not know the volume control had to be full on. I was in the middle position.
          I have used my powerhouse strat with these amps with no thing like this. It wasn't a hum it was crackling and static like an old radio of the station. I will thry it again when I get home.

thanks
          His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Working...
          X