No announcement yet.

CC, C5 to Fillmore bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D'oh! Actually the clip locations are right above our last two responses.

Comment

My 2 cents....I was with my buddy "lightnin" when we checked out the fillmores...I've known lightning for 20 yrs or more and he has been trying to sound like Duane since I've known him..mainly by going the amp route...he has been through a plethera of varieties...and he loves his dual recti...I believe he can cop a Duane type of tone with almost any pickup the way he sets his amp...I'm not a Duane freak but I liked his sound...and I've played old Gibsons that sounded great in solid state amps..Lightning plays at concert level decibels(most likely way louder than duane's 50 marshall) and he has some high end hearing loss(sorry but this is a fact that obscures your scientific method of research) so when he is hearing "microphonics" he has the amp cranked to ear bleed levels....I'm just a simple blues picker who likes the fact that I can get a sweeeet tone out of my Fender Pro without scaring away the people sitting in front of me....I'm not a "concert" player(not often) so after my gigs I still have not run into the microphonic issue...I was totally impressed at the way these pickups sounded through my Teese wah and my Captain Coconut(fuzz-univibe-octavia) wow! I am happy with the pups but I don't mean this to be critical of Duncan...I've heard some of their pafs and they sounded very good -everybody has different tastes and are going for a different sound so this pup ain't for everybody..to do a fair test one needs to get Duane's amp and guitar at the Fillmore auditorium and change pickups...My feeling is the auditorium had a factor in the sound of the pups......keep on pickin'

Comment

Working...
      X