Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my SH-6/59 pups installed!

Hey there guys,

Don't know if you remember me, cause I spent quite some time on this forum debating and getting advice on which pups to buy. In the end I went for a Distortion in the bridge and a 59 in the neck. I'm really happy with the tone and its got so much more clarity and puch than my old stock pups. Took me some time to get used to and I had to tweak all my settings but it sounds really cool.

Many thanks for all the helpful advice. This pup changing game is dangerous, you start thinking... hmmm I wonder what a Jb would sound like.. or a custom.... arggghhh...

Re: Just got my SH-6/59 pups installed!

lol good job on finding your pup setup! Post some clips!
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Hey, I was looking at the Duncan Distortion also, what kind of axe are you using... and what kind of music are you finding this pup is best suited for?

I am currently debating myself between the Custom Custom, Duncan Custom, JB and Duncan Distortion to put in my bridge on my strat!

Comment

Hey man...

Oh, i know the feeling, its a nightmare choosing pups isn't it? I have them in a LP style Hamer Slammer Series. The distortion is quite full sounding, very punch and tight, It has quite a lot of trebble but isn't tinny or anything, plus thats what you have bass/middle/trebble for on an amp!

I would say the distortion is suited to metal, but i'm fairly sure it could do other styles of rock depending on your type of dist/overdrive. I too was tempted by the custom. It seemed like a nice balance between the JB and the Distortion... have a look at the tone chart and listen to the sound clips too. I've been very satisfied with my pups.

Comment

Working...
        X