banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what pickups Pete Townshend uses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metalman_666
    replied
    Re: Anyone know what pickups Pete Townshend uses?

well, that's one crazy in depth page, I tellyouwhat. How can somebody collect THAT MUCH info on Pete??

Leave a comment:

• Mike M.
    replied

I could be wrong, but I think theres a web site called "who tabs". It's something like that. If this is the site I'm thinking of they have a section about the gear The Who have used throughout the years. It's very through and pretty up to date. Even tells what gauge strings Pete used on his SG for Live at Leeds: .012's! Again, if this is the site I'm thinking of you might find what you're looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Curly
    replied

check this:
    strats

Leave a comment:

• rspst14
    replied

It's possible the pickups are stock (I can't wrap my mind around such a concept )...I believe the extra knob controls the piezo.

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Curly
    replied

I thought he just used a Clapton strat with an extra volume knob

I agree his tone is some of the best he's ever had with the strat/ Vibro King combo.
    Last edited by Curly; 06-10-2004, 11:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rspst14
    started a topic Anyone know what pickups Pete Townshend uses?

Anyone know what pickups Pete Townshend uses?

Hey guys, anyone happen to know what Pete Townshend has in his Strats? I was watching their performance from the Concert for NYC and his tone was amazing, one of the best single coil tones I've ever heard. Great performance by the way, if you've never seen it, you can download the video from most of the file sharing networks. I'm pretty sure one of his guitars was a Clapton Strat with a piezo pickup, but I have no idea what type of pickups he uses. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Ryan
Working...
X