banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A lesson learned from dewinding a pickup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lesson learned from dewinding a pickup.

The Lesson: If you have never dewound a pickup before, DON'T DO IT ON AN EXPENSIVE ONE.

I have an old Ibanez powersound single coil, so I decided to try to dewind it a bit, to see if I could re-wind it again, just for fun. This wire is thinner than hair, and way more deliacte, I can't imagine how anyone could ever wind a whole pickup by hand. If you're going to try this, don't let anyone convince you it's easy, and definately try it on a worthless pickup.

Re: A lesson learned from dewinding a pickup.

Originally posted by wasteofo2
    The Lesson: If you have never dewound a pickup before, DON'T DO IT ON AN EXPENSIVE ONE.

I have an old Ibanez powersound single coil, so I decided to try to dewind it a bit, to see if I could re-wind it again, just for fun. This wire is thinner than hair, and way more deliacte, I can't imagine how anyone could ever wind a whole pickup by hand. If you're going to try this, don't let anyone convince you it's easy, and definately try it on a worthless pickup.
    lol i knew you'd have a hard time from the other thread, at least it wasnt on the SD pup, right? hah

Comment

I did that once on an old squire pickup. Mine acutally worked, but I dont know what I did with it, cause it sounded like crap. It took me all summer last year, but I dewound a wire from one pickup, soldered it to a wire from another, and made a single coil that wouldnt fit in a cover, wound to about 6k w/ a ceramic magnet. sounded like ****.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

sounds like an odd thing to try, but at least you didnt fack up a Duncan... you should get a few Dimarzios and unwind them... then send them back!! MUA HA HA HA HA
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

i got two powersound humbuckers .. i'll scrap one and try to make my own bucker from it hehe

Comment

Working...
          X