banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trembucker spacing with Tuneomatic bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trembucker spacing with Tuneomatic bridge?

Hey guys, which is a better match for a Tuneomatic bridge: standard or trembucker-spaced humbuckers? The previous owner of my Hamer put a set of Graphtech saddles on it, but the strings don't quite line up over all the bridge pickup polepieces. I'm not sure if the saddles weren't slotted quite right, or if all TOM bridges are like this. Has anyone tried a trembucker spaced pickup with a TOM bridge? Do the polepieces line up a little better? Thanks.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Re: Trembucker spacing with Tuneomatic bridge?

Ryan I have an older Duncan Distortion (before there was tremspacing) in my 1986 SG with the standard Tune-o-matic bridge and the pole pieces don't line up. Not sure if newer regular spaced humbuckers line up any better than mine or not. It doesn't seem to affect tone that much, but it is still irritating to look at.

Comment

Measure the string spread from E to E string. If the spread is 2" or greater use the trembucker. I have used std spaced pickups with trems quite a few times and it worked out just fine for me.
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

You shouldn't need trem spacing with a TOM bridge... that's really wierd. It probably is about the age of your pups. Where are they from and when?
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

In response to a question about HB vs. TB spacing, Evan Skopp told me that some Gibsons actually had TOM bridges that were near trembucker specs. Go figure...

Comment

Working...
          X