Who actually uses burstbucker pros?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who actually uses burstbucker pros?

The set of burstbuckers that come with a les paul standard. Who actually uses these and love them and has no desire to swap them out?

And to those people, what are they like?

(if there are any of those people)
    My Soundclick page.

Re: Who actually uses burstbucker pros?

i think the bb 1 in the neck sounds ok, the 2 and 3 sound ok in the bridge but i dont like the alnico V versions, kinda thin and flat sounding. i dont think i know anyone who has kept em and liked em

Comment

I hear there's a guy named Gary Moore, or something like that, that loves them & makes them BLEED!!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
      Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
      FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

i think gary moore could make a 10 year old cort scream

Comment

I thought a lot of people enjoyed Gibson Stock pups... but I guess not the Burstbuckers?
          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
          • G&L Tribute Comanche
          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

I actually thought the burstbuckers were among the more favoured of the gibson pickups. Did the burstbucker 1,2 and 3 have alnico2 magnets?

Does Gary moore really use them, his tone is incredible!
            My Soundclick page.

Comment

Gary Moore does use the BB Pros. I started out with the BB Pros in my LP and migrated to 500k pots, Hovland caps, and the Duncan C-5. I then switched to the Rio Grande BBQ/Texas set. After all of this my tech agree that the original electronics seem to work best in this guitar as they seem to give the warmest and most natural tone. Installing the 500k pots and .022 Hovlands made things BRIGHT!! I need to find a way to tame the bright end.

Comment

What up Angus. The Burstbucker Pros are good sounding pups. I find them great on lower strings and brite and thin on the high strings. I get amazing chunk from them and more sizzle then my EMGS (seriously). Love the neck positino butr not the bridge as open chords and notes are too brite. Gary Moore is one of my fav's he actually uses Peter Greens LP that has real PAFs form the 50's. I am going to try the Custom to keep the chunk but lose that hi end.

Comment

Gary Moore uses Peter Green's absolutely amazing late 50's burst, hence, real PAFs. Moreover, the BBs (not the BBpros) first appeared as stock on Gibson Moore LP!

BBs are not too bad. I have 2 sets (#1 and #2) from my R8 and R7. Yet for that kinda money I definitely would go for seths or ants.

B
                  FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
                    i think gary moore could make a 10 year old cort scream

Nicely put, and oh so true!
                    "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
                      Gary Moore uses Peter Green's absolutely amazing late 50's burst, hence, real PAFs. Moreover, the BBs (not the BBpros) first appeared as stock on Gibson Moore LP!

BBs are not too bad. I have 2 sets (#1 and #2) from my R8 and R7. Yet for that kinda money I definitely would go for seths or ants.

B
                      I agree the Seths or Ants are far better. Gary's original Signature LP used Tom Holmes pups, but you're right the production model has BBs
                      "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

I have a set of B.B.Pro V's that came stock in my '03 Les Paul Std. I love 'em ! I have a set of Antiquities I've had for awhile, and had planned on installing them in it when I first bought it - but it sounds too good as it is, to change them (on this guitar anyway) I used to have a '61 Les Paul /SG that I had bought in 1976 that had real PAF's in it . I played it for about six years --and this '03 Std w/ B.B.ProV's sounds as close to the old '61 as anything I've played . I remember the original PAF's in the '61 were very "wide" in tone --real deep on the bass side and a real screamer on the treble side. You just have to adjust the amp's eq and they sound fantastic. On my Marshall -I usually have the Treble at around 6 or 7. middle at 9 or 10 and bass at appx 5. I've had good luck playing thru my old Fender Twinn too

Comment

there was a kid around a while back... jmv i think. He had them in his LP and seemed to like them alright.

Comment

I have a totally stock LP Standard with the BB Pros and they are my current favorite pickup set. I also have the stock 300k volume pots and I go from Santana to Tool at the drop of a hat....depending on my amp. These p'ups are great because they sound so clear and organic and allow the amp to do the work.

Comment

I just actually got my les paul a couple of days ago so only now are actually using the BB-pros. And i dont mind them sofar, although the bridge is a bit bright on clean stuff, but the neck sounds fantastic for jazz clean stuff and the middle position sounds great clean for more bluesy rocky chords and licks. And they both sound pretty good distorted, although i wouldnt mind a bit more chunk out of the bridge so ill probably eventually look into a CC or JB for that, and then a Jazz for the neck if i get sick of that too.

But sofar they're very nice.
                              My Soundclick page.

Comment

Working...
                              X