Direct Mounted Pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Mounted Pickups?

I wanted to hear Seymour Duncan's take on this. Or anyone elses. I've heard that it increases resonance, and overtones. Anyone have any thoughts?

Re: Direct Mounted Pickups?

Originally posted by sinnerx96
    I wanted to hear Seymour Duncan's take on this. Or anyone elses. I've heard that it increases resonance, and overtones. Anyone have any thoughts?
    I may have to but i insist it does change the tone
    Eddie vanhalen also swears that a pu screwed right into the guitar body wood gives the tone a more solid, rich tone as well as increased sustain.
    I do it for two reasons, first i like the tight fit(no more pu wobbling ) and like i said it sounds better,more sustain

Comment

I had a Peavey Wolfgang model with this design and liked the tone of my dean Evo premium and Les Paul much better....bigger and thicker tone.

A lot more goes into the tone than that I think.......just a thought.

Comment

The Wolfgang is just basicly a strat with a different shape, and they do not sound like a LP or other HT with shortscale lengths.
        It is two diffenent worlds.

Comment

the neck pickup in my teles are mounted into the wood and i wouldn't dream of mounting them in the guard. makes it a pain ti adjust height but it sounds better to me
          Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
          X