Switching OBL to Invader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching OBL to Invader?

Ok, so I had an OBL humbucker pickup wired like a Fat Strat, with a five-way selector. I changed it for an SD Invader, the wires, conveniently we're the same colour as the ones already in the guitar but when we just replaced them (red with red etc) the pickup sounded crap, I guess this is because the coils are out of phase? Could anyone give some clues on how the pickup should be wired? Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
    Joe.

Re: Switching OBL to Invader?

Originally posted by JoeKCustom
    Ok, so I had an OBL humbucker pickup wired like a Fat Strat, with a five-way selector. I changed it for an SD Invader, the wires, conveniently we're the same colour as the ones already in the guitar but when we just replaced them (red with red etc) the pickup sounded crap, I guess this is because the coils are out of phase? Could anyone give some clues on how the pickup should be wired? Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
    Joe.
    for standard humbucker operation in a humbucker i need to know one thing, are your other pickups stock/a brand other than SD, or SD's? If they're a different brand or stock, then wire the ground (green) to the switch, the hot(black) to the ground, and solder the red and white together and insulate them. Then, lastly solder the bare wire to the grounds. In this case, the hot and ground leads are reversed to correct the phase with the stock/different brand pickups. Now, if you have all seymour duncan pickups in the guitar, solder the hot lead(black) to the switch, the ground (green) to the ground, and solder and insulate the red and white wires. Then solder the bare to the ground. Your set!

Comment

Working...
    X