banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

59B/Custom Hybrid - YES!!!! EVH Brown Sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59B/Custom Hybrid - YES!!!! EVH Brown Sound!

I bought one from Bachtorock and all I can say is that the sound is everything and beyond what I have been searching for. I can't imagine that the SD EVH can sound better than this. It measures a DC res of 11.45. It's not F-spaced but I am not getting notes dropping out with bends, etc.,. The harmonics are very very nice and easy to obtain (unlike the '59 alone). You get the warmth and some of the bite of the Custom with the clarity of the '59 but enough mids (that the '59 doesn't have and not overly abundant like the Custon-Custom) to give it the warmth you need. Through my Marshall AVT50 this is absolutely nailing Eddie's early years+.

I have samples with the '59 and the Custom individually and can record some with the hybrid now. Are there some webhosting sites that are free to upload some small files too?

Thanks Bachtorock!

Chris

Re: 59B/Custom Hybrid - YES!!!! EVH Brown Sound!

www.soundclick.com post dem frickin clips!!!!! lol
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by nast2112
      I bought one from Bachtorock and all I can say is that the sound is everything and beyond what I have been searching for. I can't imagine that the SD EVH can sound better than this. It measures a DC res of 11.45. It's not F-spaced but I am not getting notes dropping out with bends, etc.,. The harmonics are very very nice and easy to obtain (unlike the '59 alone). You get the warmth and some of the bite of the Custom with the clarity of the '59 but enough mids (that the '59 doesn't have and not overly abundant like the Custon-Custom) to give it the warmth you need. Through my Marshall AVT50 this is absolutely nailing Eddie's early years+.

I have samples with the '59 and the Custom individually and can record some with the hybrid now. Are there some webhosting sites that are free to upload some small files too?

Thanks Bachtorock!
      Chris
      Man, that's some great news! I hope that you have a great time with your new toy.

Maybe I should give Bachtorock a PM for my own little slice of heaven? Heheh. I was thinking of asking him to hybidize my JB and my FS...bet it would be sweet!

Farkus
      2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
      1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

I'm using 2 hybrids that I made and love em also...Pretty cool pickups!

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I want clips!

I've never heard these hybrid pickups but people rave about them.
          Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
          Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
          Originally posted by Sosomething
          "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Forget the clips... just imagine the tone of a 59 model cranked up just a notch without getting compressed like most of the ballsier pickups...
            I really think it offers the truest reproduction of the natural tone of the guitar... let the amp or pedals take it from clean to dirty...
            BTW... my second favorite pickup is now the Phat Cat... it rocks!
            GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

A ceramic Custom/JB hybrid would be very interesting too. Custom bite and crunch with the upper-mid spike of the JB that cuts. Maybe my favourite.
              Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Working...
              X