Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trembucker Covers!

Hey all!

Ryan mentioned earlier in another thread that MJ at S/D said Trembucker Covers would be coming available later this summer. Anyone else heard similar or more on this?

Jim
    MIM Super Strat w/ Warmoth SRV Neck, Antiq.Tex. Hot N, Antiq. Tex. Hot M, Twangbanger Br

Blues Jr (Bill M modded) Vox Tonelab [/SIZE]

Re: Trembucker Covers!

Haven't heard, but I'll snatch some up in a heartbeat if they come out.
    This machine kills fascists

Comment

You might want to try emailing MJ to confirm this. I didn't save the email she sent me, but she did mention that they'd be available later this summer, I'm not making this up.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Ha Ha! I'm sure Ryan! When did she email ya on that? Like, recently? Were you looking for some too?

Jim
        MIM Super Strat w/ Warmoth SRV Neck, Antiq.Tex. Hot N, Antiq. Tex. Hot M, Twangbanger Br

Blues Jr (Bill M modded) Vox Tonelab [/SIZE]

Comment

what's the purpose in getting a trembucker cover? Aren't the overall dimensions (LxW) the same as a regular pup? I thought the only thing that's different about a trembucker was the pole piece spacing...
          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
          • G&L Tribute Comanche
          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
            what's the purpose in getting a trembucker cover? Aren't the overall dimensions (LxW) the same as a regular pup? I thought the only thing that's different about a trembucker was the pole piece spacing...
            No, pickup covers will not fit trembucker-spaced pickups. Trembuckers are slightly wider than standard-spaced pickups.

I emailed MJ to ask her about a custom shop pickup idea about six weeks ago. I mentioned that I wanted it covered, but I forgot to specify standard or trembucker spacing. She told me that they could do it, but that if I wanted it both trembucker-spaced and covered, I'd have to wait until later this summer when trembucker covers became available. So I didn't specifically ask about it, but she did mention that they'd be available later this summer. She's pretty good about returning emails, you might want to ask her directly. She can probably give you an estimated date when they'll be available. Also, I get the feeling it'll probably be a custom shop option, or at least a "shop floor custom" option. In other words, I don't think Duncan is going to start making all their trembucker-spaced pickups available with covers as a stock factory option, since there really isn't that much of a demand for them. Still, there are some hardtail guitars that have string spacings more conducive to trembucker spaced pickups, so I can see it being a useful custom shop option.

Ryan
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

I recently inquired about a covered Trembucker and was told they would be available in September.
              Fender U.S. Strat Ultra (in the mail: Fralin P.A.F./Kinman Woodstock/Kinman Woodstock)
              Ibanez RG 560

Peavey 5150 1/2 Stack

Boss Giga Delay
              Boss Metal Zone
              Boss Super Chorus
              Dunlop Crybaby
              Ibanez Tube Screamer

Comment

I have heard they will be available some time later this year. No firm date but a likely time to announce it would be NAMM in January. Hopefully sooner ...

Comment

That would be rad if they came out with some chrome pup covers for the trembucker.

Comment

Working...
                  X