humming problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humming problem

ok, so in my strat, i have some humming goin on, but that shouldnt be because i have 2 humbuckers in it. so, im thinkin something wrong with grounding or sheilding. but, whenever i touch the mouting screws for the pickup selecter, the pickup selecter itself, the jack plate, or some other things.... the humming goes away. this leads me to believe its a grounding problem. what do u guys think? what should i ground (assuming it is in fact a grounding problem)? thanks.
    my gear: '80s fender bullet (tele style)
    fender dg20ce acoustic
    peavey blazer 15 watt
    line 6 pod 2.3 and floorboard
    Atomic Reactor 112
    Warmoth double fat strat w/ SD Jb bridge and Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell

Re: humming problem

Originally posted by clint_41
    ok, so in my strat, i have some humming goin on, but that shouldnt be because i have 2 humbuckers in it. so, im thinkin something wrong with grounding or sheilding. but, whenever i touch the mouting screws for the pickup selecter, the pickup selecter itself, the jack plate, or some other things.... the humming goes away. this leads me to believe its a grounding problem. what do u guys think? what should i ground (assuming it is in fact a grounding problem)? thanks.
    its probably a grounding problem, touch all the metal parts on your guitar... does the humming stop with all of them? check all your grounds... resolder bad looking ones

Comment

Working...
    X