banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone ever tried DD in bridge and Tone Zone S in middle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bubbahotep2k3
    replied
    Re: anyone ever tried DD in bridge and Tone Zone S in middle?

Does anyone have any sound clips of an Ibanez Rg + Tonezone that I could hear? preferably with some line6 pod/pdoxt or v-amp 2 setting that I have so I could compare mine to it.... thanks.... mp3s are fine for this btw...

Leave a comment:

• Travis
    replied

Originally posted by bubbahotep2k3
    sorry i am such a novice at this stuff, but since you have the cool rails what exactly would it add in a metal arsenal? more soloing sounds or chunky palm musted rhythms? Just curious...

In my Charvel 650xl, I've got a Distortion in the bridge, Cool Rails in the mid and a Hot Rails in the neck. The Distortion handles all of the rhythms, nice and aggressive, chunky, best metal riffing pickup ever. The Hot Rails handles a lot of the leads. It has a great shred metal lead tone. The picked notes sound almost legato, it can be that smooth. The Cool Rails is more of a vintage humbucker type pickup. It can be used for some rhythms or leads with a little less edge to them. It has a nice fat tone for the rhythms while still being quite smooth for the leads. I would think more of it as a blues/rock pickup. The cleans are fairly good as well. It provides a little variety from the all out metal assault that the Distortion and HR lend.

Leave a comment:

• bubbahotep2k3
    replied

sorry i am such a novice at this stuff, but since you have the cool rails what exactly would it add in a metal arsenal? more soloing sounds or chunky palm musted rhythms? Just curious...

Leave a comment:

• Travis
    replied

Sorry, never tried it or the Screamin Demon. However, I would highly recommend a Cool Rails or a Vintage Rails. Both would offer some nice versatility to a metal equipped axe and they can both hang pretty well with the high output of the Distortion.

Leave a comment:

• anyone ever tried DD in bridge and Tone Zone S in middle?

Hi, as some of you know I have an Ibanez RG 570 (H S H configuration).

Recently, I put a DD (Duncan Distortion TB6) in the bridge and I was thinking of changing the middle single coil pickup, which is stock, to a Tone Zone S DP189. The Tone Zone S is a humbucker made to fit in a single coil size--it is supposed to sound like its bigger brother the "tone zone regular humbucker."

Am I crazy for thinking about this idea? Has anyone ever done it? If so how did it sound? I wonder how these two would sound when combined as with the 5 way selector switch. I am also wondering how much the middle position will affect the tone of the Tone Zone S because it is designed for the "slanted strat bridge position."

What do you guys think? Maybe a Little Screaming Demon would be better for the middle? Has anyone ever tried the Little Demon in the middle? How did it sound?
    Last edited by bubbahotep2k3; 06-13-2004, 11:07 AM.
Working...
X