CC and JB users...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CC and JB users...

I am about to dive in a buy I have a light LP standard, very light. Between CC and 85. JB sounds a bit harsh and I already have 81/85 set up in one of my customs. So it sounds like same tone kind of. Would the output be similar between 85 and CC?

Comment

Headache man....I listen to clips here and on the SD tone page. I like that I like this I like it all. Sounds to be that everyone say the JB is hi end sounding? Is the JB big sounding tho' I head a clip of Stevos CC clip called Darkday it was huge sounding. It was cranked. Curious if the JB cranked would have this huge mammoth sound also. I can hear that the JB is definitely more articulate that is hands down noticeable. The DD sounds like a JB but with distortion added. Think I am losing it. Ha!
      What bands used JB for sure in the 80,90 now whatever for sure?

Comment

I switched from the CC to the JB. I liked both pickups each have their strengths so I guess it's a matter of what you'd use it for. I find the JB slightly tighter in the bottom end all things being equal (same guitar same amp), the CC being thicker and has a mucho smooth top, think big top end but not bright-thin but thick round top end. The JB's is still smooth in the same guitar but just not as thick and round up there.

Comment

Hmmm..... what type of guitar you own? Wood?
          I play heavy rock. Alternative heavy and blues.
          Last edited by keano12; 06-26-2004, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Strat. Alder body rosewood fingerboard, 500k pots.

Comment

Working...
            X