emg's kirk hammet set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emg's kirk hammet set?

ok guys i need your guys help here. I'm completly ignorant to active's, how good is the overall sound of 81 emg's in bridge and/or neck. Are they ok sounding clean?
    By the way I'm only going to be useing these for 80's metal and a little bit of clean sounding stuff
    Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
    The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Re: emg's kirk hammet set?

so now one has tried the 81 emg's thats a little hard to believe.
    Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
    The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Most SD members are on much later than the 3 hour bracket you allowed... but apparently the 81 can't do clean but the 60 and 89 split (SA) can...

Search EMG using the forum search, there are MANY threads on them
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

You wont regret it.

Comment

the em81 will give you metal in spades......it can overdrive the cleanest amp....but don't expect it to be as good in the "cleans"department......as for putting the 81 in the neck......i wouldn't do it.If you want something warmer under distortion with much better cleans try the 89/85 and emg60

Comment

I have the 81 set in my Viper, and while I like it, I really wish I'd gotten two different pickups. There seems to be a number of guys using the 81/85 set, but with the 85 in the bridge and 81 in the neck. A local luthier told me he uses this in an SG for more of an 80's and classic rock sound.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
            X