Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heritage 535 (ES335) Pickup Questions/Recommendations

Hey There-

I've got a late-90's 535 with the double variphase controls. I had two questions:

1) Anyone know what the stock pickups are in this guitar?

2) Anyone have suggestions as to what would be an upgrade for this instrument?

It's my only humbucking guitar, and I actually know very little about humbuckers, so any suggestions would be helpful. For those who aren't familiar with the 535, it's similar to a Gibson ES335.

Thanks!
    Check out the website for my band, Wilgus

Remember... If you're not angry, you're not paying attention!!

Re: Heritage 535 (ES335) Pickup Questions/Recommendations

Heritage makes great guitars, and the 535 is an excellent example. I think they make their own pickups, but I'ld go to their website and check for sure.

As for changing the pups, it depends on the style of playing you do. Personally, I love the sound of Antiquity's or Seth Lovers in a 335-style guitar (or a set of '59 bridge/Jazz neck). Go to the SD Website and check out the "Ask the Wizard" thing. Play with it a while and you'll get ideas.

Jeff

P.S. I just checked the SD Tone Wizard and it doesn't cover the 335-style guitar. Sorry. Let us know your musical tastes and someone can help for sure.
    Last edited by Jeffrec; 06-15-2004, 01:55 PM.
    "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

The style that I play is pretty mainstream. I guess I'd call it pop-rock to alt-country. And I definitely plan on using the coil-tap switches to get the thinner sounds, so it would be nice to have a humbucker that is known to have good split-coil tones.

I was not able to find out what the stock pickups are, and I also got no response when I emailed Heritage technical support, so that's why I tried posting here.

By the way, it's not that I'm *dissatisfied* with the sound of the stock pickups - I was sort of just trying to find out what people thought or knew about those pickups and if there were any other suggestions.
      Check out the website for my band, Wilgus

Remember... If you're not angry, you're not paying attention!!

Comment

Any no. of the following combos works well for the music styles you play - 59. Jazz, Alnico II Pro and the Seth. From personal experience, the Seth has more of a woolly Jazz tone in the neck and the Jazz is great when split.
        'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
        X