Les Paul Pick Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul Pick Ups

I'm gonna get a lefty Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus, Flame Top, and I read from the reviews that the original P.U.s are not very goods and I want my guitar to sound great from the start. What pick-ups should I get to replace them ? I love Blues and also Hard Rock.

Re: Les Paul Pick Ups

post this in the pickup section, you should get more responces there.
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

but since your here

i would say a 59 in the neck. great blues pup and can rock out.
      for the bridge there are many options. a jb could work. also, a 59 in the bridge could work. the c-5 or a custom could also work.
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

'59 neck and JB bridge sounds right up your alley. Vintage vibe with some balls.

Comment

I like a '59 neck and a Custom bridge. If you lean more towards rock that's definitely a winner. The Custom has been a versatile pickup for me. The JB or C-5 would be good in the bridge too. I don't particularly care for the '59 in the bridge, too "woody" for lack of a better term, at least with my setup. I didn't like it with my Fender or my Marshall, but YMMV. Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
          X