Pickup for Metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup for Metal?

I've got a strat w/ a alder body and maple r/w neck, with a vintage trem. I wanna hook it up with a one humbucker and a 1 volume knob, and I want a good all around rock sound, from shredding to modern rock to vintaged styled rock. Every time I put a pickup in the bridge position, its good on the bass strings, but too shrill on the treble strings, or good on the treble strings and too mushy on the bass strings. So I need a good comprimise, all my gear is listed in my sig. Any help?
    Last edited by beandip; 06-15-2004, 10:48 PM.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Re: Pickup for Metal?

JB or 59
    Only The Strong Survive

Comment

yeah, 59 would be a good choice. it can do anything, but for more harder rock tones i'd recommend the BIG pickup or a JB

Comment

I was thinking the 59, but I think it might be too bright
        This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Bright??? Well....that's Metal. Scoop the mids, and hotter than ****...
          Only The Strong Survive

Comment

if it's that bright, you can try the super distortion. i have it in my charvel and it's not shrill or muddy at all.

Comment

I dont want the typical metal, I want my southern kind of metal. I play with very little gain, usually w/ my gain knob at about 10 o clock. I just want something warm,but not muddy. sounds like a jazz huh?

Comment

A2pro?
                but for me, the super distortion does that. since im noticing that i keep using less and less gain as i grow everything sounds better and better. i usually ahve the gain at about 4.75 right now. everything sounds so clear. and i get a good southern rock metal sound too with it. but it may be too hot for your likings.

Comment

Working...
                X